As you are probably getting ready right now to host a big dinner or are going to a meal with family or friends, I won’t keep you but a minute. I just want to thank you for being one of my readers and for supporting my blog. Sharing ideas about party giving is something I love to do, and I hope that you have found some ideas that you can use in your entertaining. May the coming year bring you more easy and creative opportunities for hosting your family and friends!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving and the funny holiday quotations below!
- Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence. Erma Bombeck
- My mom makes something called green pie, which I thought was a delicacy that many people only had at Thanksgiving, but it turns out it was just Jell-O with whipped cream on it. And it’s delicious. Bobby Moynihan
- My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor. Phyllis Diller
- I’m from Canada, so Thanksgiving to me is just Thursday with more food. And I’m thankful for that. Howie Mandel
- One of my most memorable Thanksgiving memories was probably the first year that me and my two brothers decided to start our annual eating contest. We ate throughout the whole day. We started that morning and weighed ourselves, and at the very end of the night, we weighed ourselves out. And all three of us equally gained five pounds. Charles Kelley
- My most memorable meal is every Thanksgiving. I love the food: the turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice, which come from my mother’s Southern heritage; the mashed potatoes, which come from my wife’s Midwestern roots; the Campbell’s green-bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie. Douglas Conant
- Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. Jim Davis
- An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day. Irv Kupcinet
Read more Thanksgiving quotations at brainyquotecom.