Nashville resident Whitmore left her full time job as a career counselor to launch Pizzazzerie.com (pronounced piz·zazze·rie [pəˈzaz ərē]) in 2010 to share entertaining inspiration and ideas with her readers. Now a published author of three cookbooks, she utilizes her talent in entertaining and food styling to share daily party inspiration with her readers.
When she’s not creating for Pizzazzerie.com, Whitmore styles and creates content for brands such as Target, Yoplait, Bath & Body Works, Lindt Chocolate, Pier 1, Pepperidge Farm, Bacardi, and more to connect consumers with their products in an entertaining setting.
If you want to create exceptional parties, check out Whitmore’s entertaining expertise on her popular party-planning website Pizzazzerie.com. It has sections on entertaining, food and drink, holidays, DIY, kids, and books.
In her book, Whitmore shares tablescapes, tips, DIY party crafts, lush color photos, and more than 50 original recipes, in an easy-to-follow format. Use her party ideas as suggested, or mix and match elements to create a unique affair all your own. Each party she shares has a full complement of ideas– tablescape details; decor tips; and recipes for each party covering appetizers, desserts, and drinks.
For example, she shares the following ideas:
- ring in the new year with a splashy New Year’s Day brunch;
- savor a bit of Parisian culture with a crepe cake and sparkling raspberry cocktails;
- enjoy spinach tea sandwiches and lavender fizz cocktails at a Jane Austen-inspired book club gathering;
- celebrate your favorite fellow with bacon and pecan s’mores and sriracha and bourbon wings;
- don your best black-and-white apparel to enjoy red velvet brownie truffle cakes and white chocolate martinis at a black and white masquerade party.
First-time hosts will find tons of tips and how-tos, as they’re walked through practical steps to creating fabulous parties on a realistic budget. The seasoned host will discover unique details and new recipes to enhance their tablescapes all year long.
Pizzazzerie: Entertain in Style is available online.